Haz Com/Lab Safety/Haz Waste Training
REGISTRATION DETERMINATION FACTORS:
If you last took the training in the
of 2016 -- you
do not need to retake
the training until
If you last took the training in the Spring of 2016 -- you will need to retake the training. You may complete this training either online or in a classroom – you do not need to do both.
HazComm/Lab Safety/HazWaste Training
Who must take the training? - Any person who handles chemicals and/or unwanted material in a laboratory and may include, but is not limited to faculty, staff, post-doctoral fellows, interns, researchers, technicians, supervisors/managers, and principal investigators. A person does not need to be paid or otherwise compensated for his/her work. Undergraduates and graduate students in a supervised classroom setting are not laboratory workers. A lab worker’s duties include placing waste into compatible containers, proper labeling, container management and submitting electronic hazardous waste disposal form.
Follow these directions to enroll. Tabs at the top of your browser's page will
allow you to switch between eCampus and the directions as you follow the enrollment
Hazardous Waste Instructions (pdf)
1. Log into the eCampus at: https://ecampus.wvu.edu/webapps/login . Enter your MyID for the username & password. ALL HSC employee training log into SOLE.
2. Click on the Browse Course Catalog button in the Course Catalog module under the My WVU eCampus tab (right side of the page).
*Note: There are two courses in this program.
EHS Hazard Communication and Laboratory Safety
EHS Hazardous Waste
3. Enter the course you wish to take in the Search Catalog fields and click Go.
4. Click the Chevron next to the search results and select Enroll.
5. Enter the Access Code provided and click Submit.
EHS Hazard Communication and Laboratory Safety (Access Code WAyHkms7)
EHS Hazardous Waste (Access Code SALdRN7J)
The system will take you to a confirmation page. Once you click OK at the bottom of the page, you will be sent directly to the course you just enrolled in. You may begin working in the course immediately.