Background Image for Header:
Defining Biological WasteBiological or biohazardous waste (also known as infectious materials) is waste contaminated with biohazards which has the potential to cause harm to people, animals, plants, or the environment. Biohazards can include:
- Infectious agents / pathogens
- Cell cultures, stocks and isolates
- Human-derived materials, unfixed (including blood, body fluids, tissue and cell culture)
Biohazard Waste Pickup and Supplies
- Biohazard Waste pickup schedule is dependent on campus.
- Health Sciences Center lab are routinely picked up by Facilities Management
- Contact x-4115 to schedule a pickup.
- All other campuses: Contact your Chemical Hygiene Officer to schedule pickup
· Replacement supplies can be obtained in the same manner as scheduling a pickup
Contact the Biosafety Office at Biosafety@WVUHSC.onmicrosoft.com if you are having any issues with biohazard waste pickup or obtaining replacement supplies.